You Were In An Accident. What Should You Do Next?
What you do and say in the aftermath of an accident matters for any potential personal injury claim. Now is the time to act. However, the moments after an accident can be overwhelming and traumatic. How can you ensure that you are taking the appropriate steps and protecting your legal rights?
What To Do After An Accident
Following an accident, there are several steps you can take immediately to protect your legal rights:
- Secure the contact and insurance information of others involved in the accident, including the driver and passengers.
- Ask for the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Call the police. The police may prepare an accident report that will help your attorney present your claim to the insurance carrier.
- Take photos of the scene and damage to vehicles.
- Seek medical attention right away. This may mean being taken to the hospital by ambulance or following up with your doctor after the accident.
The most important thing after an accident is to seek help for any physical injuries you suffered.
How Can You Protect Your Rights To Compensation?
It is prudent to know how to protect your own interests after an accident. Do not discuss the details of the accident with people at the scene. Additionally, you do not have to speak to insurance companies on your own; You have the right to seek legal help immediately after an accident.
At Richin & Gaines, P.A., we have over six decades of combined experience with cases pertaining to car accidents of all kinds. Our attorneys are prepared to act quickly on your behalf, and calling us as soon as possible after an accident will allow us to protect your interests from the beginning.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
The attorneys at Richin & Gaines, P.A., are ready to help. Contact our office at 301-960-5709 or reach us online to learn more about how you can seek full and fair compensation for your injuries and financial losses.
Maryland accident victims do not have to navigate the complex aftermath of an accident alone. Whether you experienced serious injuries yourself or you lost a loved one in an accident, you have the right to know your options. You can take the first step in your recovery journey simply by contacting our Silver Spring office to speak with one of our attorneys.